- the tragedy that inspired two innovative brothers
- how they got a world famous dog trainer involved as a founding partner
- how this collar will help you "speak dog"
- why it will keep your dog safe no matter what the terrain, wherever you go
- "ruffly" 20 other gadgets to help you feed, train, clean and communicate with your favorite furry friend
- The worst place many people choose to put their Wi-Fi router
- How Renaissance statues like David inspired their router's design
- Why you shouldn't fiddle with your router's antennae
- The great tech equalizer between parents and kids
- How a home router can protect your Internet even when you're traveling
- The mission and journey of his company's Limbic Active gaming system
How your brain is programmed to get hooked on this sort of play
Why major sports are in danger of dying out if they don't evolve
- How this system can help boost real-world cognitive and physical skills
- How to get free games for life
- Core SCOTTeVEST feature he may get rid of
- Huge compliment Guy Kawasaki paid him
- Biggest misconceptions about the pockets
- Mistake (in hindsight) that made him infamous
- New TV show that'll feature a lead character wearing SCOTTeVEST
Whether you're just curious to discover cool tech items or actually shopping for that special grandparent, kid or pet in your life, you'll want to listen to this targeted gift guide episode--especially if you have a tween or teen on your list. Because they likely have a cellphone on their list, you'll want to hear the story of how real-life mom and Gabb Wireless brand ambassador Anne Marie McDonald gave her son a phone that actually unzombified him. In addition, we discuss 20 or so super-fun gadgets they'll definitely go crazy for (in a good way):
This holiday season will likely test our resolve more than most. But perhaps tech can play a role in offering us at least some peace of mind. In this episode of The Family CTO, serial entrepreneur Christopher Allen (CEO of iCleanse) and Dr. Jim Malley (professor from University of New Hampshire's Environmental Research Group) each offer their perspective about the roles, benefits and limitations of UV-C technology, as they help us to answer the questions:
What is UV-C (ultraviolet light) capable of?
How safe and reliable are UV-C sanitizing devices?
Can they actually kill the Covid-19 virus?
What's the difference between the devices being used by businesses and consumers?
And how can we avoid a false sense of security in them?
Companies and products discussed in this timely episode:
University of New Hampshire
HoMedics Sanitizer Bag
Mophie UV Sanitizer with Wireless Charging
Otterbox antimicrobial phone cases and screen protectors
Whoosh screen cleaner
- Understand the terms and common misconceptions behind lighting
- Improve your image on video conference calls
- Take your photography to the next level
- Differentiate the pros and cons of ring lights, box lights and those fancy umbrellas
- Figure out which lights best suit your particular use case(s)
In addition, we discuss a whole slew of new and cool gadgets to help you find balance, stay productive and keep your sanity as you get work done at home:
Uncaged Ergonomics WorkEZ Executive
Humanscale Quickstand sit/stand converter
Accell's power accessories
HP S430c ultrawide monitor
Pixel Eyewear clear lens blue light blockers
Jabra Evolve2 65 headset
GuruNanda Tower XL 2.0 Essential Oil Diffuser